WHY CHOOSE CENTERS FOR FAMILY CHANGE?
With all of the therapists to choose from people often ask:
- Why should I come to the Centers for Family Change?
- What makes this practice, these therapists, a better choice for me or for my family?
A Commitment to Quality Services
At the Centers for Family Change we don’t just talk about providing quality services, we take real steps to insure that every client receives the best possible services.
- First, we have a dedicated, skilled and caring staff. Our therapists are highly trained professionals who are committed to working to help you and your family.
- Second, the Centers for Family Change provides in-service training to our therapists to help them enhance their skills and stay current with the latest developments in the field.
- Third, when you first call you will talk to one of our staff therapists (several therapists share this responsibility). By having you talk to a therapist (rather than an office staff person) when you first call in we can more effectively evaluate your needs and help you select the right therapist for you and your family.
- Fourth, we offer all of our therapists regular case consultation to assist them in providing you with the best possible service.
Finding the Right Therapist for You and Your Family
Recent research has clearly shown that the therapeutic alliance, the relationship that you have with your therapist, is a (if not the) key ingredient in what makes therapy successful. At the Centers for Family Change we work to match you with the therapist who will be the best fit for you and your family.
- First, we have a large practice, with many therapists to select from. This helps us match you with the therapist who best fits your needs (areas of expertise and therapeutic approach).
- Second, we do our best to take into account your preferences in selecting a therapist
- Third, if at any point you decide a different therapist might be more helpful to you, we will work with you to find a new therapist (either one of our therapists or a therapist in your community).
- Fourth, if we believe that other professionals are a better fit for you or your family (have greater expertise with a given issue) we will let you know and do our best to provide you with referrals.
Actively Seeking Your Feedback
A large body of research has consistently shown that therapy is likely to be more effective (helpful) if therapists actively and systematically seek feedback from their clients. In the spring of 2015 the Centers for Family Change instituted the use of Feedback Informed Therapy (therapy that includes obtaining session by session feedback from all of our clients), as part of our commitment to providing highly effective therapy.
Collecting data on and monitoring our effectiveness.
- We obtain your feedback at each session.
- We monitor how you feel therapy is working for you.
- We share and discuss this feedback with you.
As part of our use of Feedback Informed Therapy (FIT) we have been monitoring our effectiveness, both as individual therapists and as a practice. We use this effectiveness data to help us improve our work with you!
We have clear data that supports our effectiveness. We examine and discuss this data in detail in the What’s New section of our website.
While there are many good practices and therapists we believe our commitment to excellence makes Centers for Family Change the right choice for you and your family.